India is a big part of the future of the IT industry. I think we all realize that.
I was looking for 2009 trends lists that were specific to India and came upon the CIOL website. CIOL is short for Cybermedia India Online LImited. The CIO website http://www.ciol.com focuses on the Information Technology industry within India. It appears that CIOL has become a popular Internet destination for IT professionals, vendors, solution providers, CIOs and CEOs of Indian enterprises.
The website had a Special Report that provided 2009 outlooks on a number of IT segments. In many cases, CIOL invited executives from Indian IT vendors to provide their own views of what the important trends will be in the India IT industry during 2009.
Below you'll find that I've summarized the relevant trends posts on CIOL by by major IT trend category.
- Top CIO challenges for 2009: Cisco VC Gopalratnam, Chief Innovation Officer, Cisco India
- What should be CIOs' outlook for 2009? by V.S. Manikkam, Head, IT, Henkel Information Technology
- Top 10 CIO challenges Lists from both V.S. Manikkam, Head, IT, Henkel Information Technology and Sandeep Kothari, AGM-IT, The Bombay Store
- Top 10 India trends for mobility by Sourabh Jain, Founder and CEO, ngpay
- Top 10 trends in mobility in 2009: GlobalLogic From GlobalLogic.
- Top trends in enterprise mobility for 2009: Cisco Paramjit Singh Puri, Business Development Manager, Advanced Technologies, Cisco Systems, India & SAARC,
- Top Trends in India Mobility 2009 by Rajesh Jain, entrepeneur/Founder and Managing Director of Netcore Solutions
- Security trends to watch by Symantec
- Top 10 trends in security by MS Rao, CEO and Co-founder Aujas Networks
- Security tech trends for 2009 Lucius Lobo, Director Security Consulting, Tech Mahindra Ltd
- Trends for global outsourcing in '09 Avinash Vashistha, CEO, Tholons
- Top 10 enterprise technologies for 2009 Arun Gupta, Customer Care Associate and Group Chief Technology Officer, Shoppers Stop
- Top enterprise technologies for 2009 Aaron Katz, Area Vice President, Corporate Sales, Asia Pacific, Salesforce.com
- Top eight enterprise solutions By Unisys
- Top 10 enterprise technologies for 2009 Shiv Kumar, Executive Vice President, Business Development, Zylog Systems
- 6 disruptive technologies by 2025 Posted by Subrato Das, Reliance Communications
- Cloud Computing From Narasimha Rao, Country Manager, Akamai, India
- Eight key trends for 2009 by Accenture. Download the Accenture Technology Vision 2008 free
- Developer Trend for 2009: Cloud Computing Aaron Katz vice president, Corporate Sales, Asia Pacific, Salesforce.com
- Networking & Security trends for 2009 Nagendra Venkaswamy, MD, Juniper Networks, India
- Top networking trends for 2009 by Tata Rao Sr. Vice President, System Engineering, Cisco India & SAARC.
- Top Storage Trends for 2009 Rajesh Itagi, Director, Client Services, EMC
- Storage challenges of Indian SMEs A NetApp presentation on data explosion trends, which examines storage challenges of SMEs
So those are a bunch of trends posts that CIOL published. After reading them you can get a good feel for what is important in India during 2009. If anyone reading this has other good sources of 2009 trends in India, please provide them in the comment section below. Thanks!