Jack Uldrich is a well known author, blogger, columnist, keynote speaker, and global futurist. Two books of his I recommend are 1) Jump the Curve: 50 Essential Strategies to Help Your Company Stay Ahead of Emerging Technologies and The Next Big Thing is Really Small: How Nanotechnology Will Change the Future of Your Business.
Uldrich has released his list of predictions for 2012. I like reading his list every year because his predictions are integrated into stories and potential scenarios that could very well happen. The stories and scenarios bring the predictions to life and helps you imagine other uses for the predicted technology trend.
Here’s a summary of his list
- Blackout Friday. Retailers will admit to using advanced facial recognition software.
- Collegiate Guarantees. University helps unemployed alumni with special offer.
- Augmented Political Reality. A mobile app to help voters match candidates to special interest groups
- Potty “Gaming”. A new game to help parents potty-train their toddlers.
- Urban Crops. A city will initiate a major focus on urban farming to feed it’s citizens.
- Paparazzi Drones. Advanced miniature robotic drones to be applied to the celebrity industry.
- Virtual Grocery Stores. Subway walls to become a smartphone enabled virtual grocery store..
- Nano-Drugs. Trial program launched to apply groundbreaking nanoscience technology to cancer treatment
- Networked Traffic. Social networking apps to reduce traffic congestion.
- Phone Food Sensors. New device attached to smartphones chemically analyzes food while shopping at grocery stores.
You can read the detail behind Uldrich’s list at his blog https://jumpthecurve.net/health-care/futurist-jack-uldrichs-predictions-for-2012/